A 19th century Highlands gem
‘Cooliatta’ – This majestic c.1880 full brick residence with slate roofing is sited on 6.5 glorious acres of Burradoo real estate. A captivating home surrounded by an expansive age-old garden featuring a variety of specimen trees and shrubs. Arguably one of the finest gardens in the Highlands.
Approaching the home via a circular driveway to a castellated porte cochere, gives one a sense of the grandeur ahead. The entrance features a stunning parquet floored hallway with high ornate ceilings, beautifully detailed cornices and architraves.
‘Cooliatta’ holds immense appeal to those who seek a grand old estate on acreage close to Bowral and all that the Highlands has to offer. It will appeal too, to those with equine interests who see the possibility to create pony paddocks, stables, dressage arena, etc. It may also appeal to those wishing to operate a commercial enterprise e.g. a wedding venue or short-term rental accommodation (STCA).
A treasure in it’s current state, there’s significant potential to realise something quite exceptional with this iconic property.
Other features include:
• Large, modern addition designed by renowned architect Robert Weir which includes a kitchen with carrara marble bench tops, 900mm oven and cooktop; large open dining area with Cheminees Phillipe fireplace
• Formal, oak panelled dining room with open fireplace and parquet floor
• Cosy snug/TV room with gas log fire
• A second TV room off the kitchen opening to the garden
• Enormous entertaining room (or perhaps a Ballroom!) with sandstone open fireplace and leadlight doors
• Sunroom overlooking courtyard
• A large utility room is located behind the kitchen and has the potential to be a Butler’s Pantry
• Located directly opposite Oxley College and only minutes to Bowral CBD
We have obtained all information from sources we believe to be reliable, however, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. Prospective buyers are advised to carry out their own investigations.